Jan 21, 2014

Yummers!...

Oh I meal prepped my ass off last night! I cook two delicious meals and It didn't take me all night!!

Early in the day is what I have read is a better time and my chosen time to eat most of my carbs. For instance,  if I choose to eat a Granny Smith Apple or a Banana, I use Breakfast or AM Snack. Lunch is where I have my carbs, if I have any at all.  Dinner  I prefer to only eat a protein and a veggie. Nothing heavy that I have to carry to be with me or on my hips.  I may have a spoon on peanut butter just to satisfy any craving that is not taken care of by drinking a big cup of water.  I believe that my snacks keep my from feeling like I'm starving to death! Lawd knows no one wants that!!

With that being said let me tell you about my prep.  I have no problem eating the same thing daily.  I got goals.  I also have had to change my relationship with food.  Its fuel...a car doesn't care if you go to Chevron or BP everyday. Food is fuel, keeps us filled with energy to walk, talk, breath and exercise. So, I have nooooooo issues with lack of variety. Boom!
However... lol...after finding these recipes I had to try them!

For lunch: Spinach & Black Bean Enchiladas
Boy when I tell you these suckers are DELICIOUS!!!! I varied the recipe and I didn't make my own sauce. I found one of this recipes on thegardengrazer.com
 My variation Recipe:
Spinach
1 can Black Beans
1cup Mushrooms
1/2cup dices onions
2 whole Jalapenos (I like things spicy!)
3 Garlic Cloves (chopped, minced, diced...whatever)
1-1/2cup Low Fat shredded cheese
1 can Enchilada Sauce
Whole wheat tortillas 130cal each

Spices I used:
Cayenne
Garlic Powder
I prepared it the same way
Sauteed the veggies
mix with beans and cheese
roll, poor sauce bake
375 degrees 30mins

Turned out beautifully and tastes DEVINE!!!

For Dinner : Turkey & Sweet Potato Muffins
OMG! I did not expect this combination to be good at all. I don't remember the blog I found it on and I definitely changed the recipe a lot! One site I saw it on was http://thegetinshapeworkoutplan.com

My variation recipe:
1lbs Ground Turkey
1 medium Sweet Potato (boiled, diced and smashed)
1cup Mushrooms
1/2 cup Onions
2 Garlic Cloves (chopped, minced, diced...whatever)
Spices:
Garlic Powder
Cayenne
Italian Seasoning

I didn't have any eggs and it didn't really matter because they can out BEAUTIFUL!! I didn't taste the potato at all.  They are extremely moist and flavorful!! I have meals for the next 7 day!! No weekend muck ups!!
I paired these dishes with Broccoli Florets and Zucchini!
I could not wait to have lunch today!!



D.         






No comments:

Post a Comment