May 21, 2014

Thank You Hump Day!

"What motivates you?"...
that's the question from the motivational Monday team link up.  I'm definitely not motivated on Monday...to do much of nothing. The link up lasts 4 days ...so I'm writing about it today.

What motivates me?
 In relation to what? Life? Fitness?
 In LIFE.
My kiddies.  I only wake up in the morning because of them.  I only breathe for my kiddies.  When I was a teenager, I was a cutter and I was suicidal.  I hated life. When I entered my 20's  I other poor choices to numb the numbness.
When I became a mother ...well motherhood changed me.
I didn't want to disappoint or let them down
So that little girl and that little boy motivate me to live. Wake up, go to work, breathe,  buy $150 shoes...HA! Because of them. They suck ass but mommy loves them...They are my asses and I would have shot myself in the head a long time ago if I wasn't blessed with them.

blah...girly emotional mommy crap

In Fitness.
Mini-skirts, short shorts, going to Puerto Rico and walking around naked and look good naked.
and even though these are not on the top of the list they are just as important....better health, to live a longer.

but its just something about being able to shop in the misses dept.  To have more variety in black...lol

I have NEVER been skinny.  High school skinny for me was a size 14/16 and I was in high school when the only plus sized clothes were for old fat ladies...Golden Girls...elastic waist pants pastels and flower shirts.  ugh.

I just want to know that I can do it and see what I look like smaller.

It's Wednesday  and I love linking up with Liz @ Fitness Blondie , Hump Day Blog Hop! and Diatta @ Femme Fitale Fit Club, Workout Wednesday Linkup!


Lets go over my exercise routine that I have done this week.

Sunday : Cardio: Fail Strength: Fail
Monday: Cardio: 6.08 miles Arms: Fail
Tuesday: Cardio: 4.55 miles Legs: Fail (unless you count the walk/jog)
Today has not happened yet...sooooo

and I have yet to begin my AM exercise.  I know for certain I will begin that next week because
SCHOOL IS OUT!!!

What I am enjoying about my walking this month is that I am incorporating jogging.
Particularly, over the last 2 weeks.
So far this week I have been  jogging longer distances.  I have certain markers that I run to and from, but I have been pushing myself to go further...VERY VERY NICE!!!

I also meal prepped on Sunday.  It was the hardest and longest prep, even longer than the first time I did it...lol
However, I am happy with the results.
Egg Muffins

For Breakfast I made Egg Muffins...I LOVE these things...
Egg Beaters
Bag of Spinach
Sliced Baby Bellas
Onion
Parmesan Cheese
Reduced Fat Cheddar




For Lunch/Dinner I hooked up some Turkey Sweet Potato Muffins...They are great and don't be put off by the  sweet potato  you don't even taste it.  The muffins are very moist and flavorful...OMG they are so good.


Turkey Sweet Potato Muffins
1 pack lean Ground Turkey
1 small sweet potato cooked them mashed
Onions/bell pepper
Parmesan cheese
Spinach (a bag)
I have them with broccoli on the side.

There are enough for dinner.  AWESOME SAUCE!!











My Daily routine is really working out well. Yeah!

Ok so in other news:
Grey's Anatomy. It's my favorite show. She is my favorite character.
I knew last year that she was leaving.
I watched the season finale on Sunday.
I didn't expect the kind of melt down  that I had.
I cried hard. I cried loud.

It's the end of an era.  It would be like if one of the characters from Friends had left. Mid show.

ugh...Meredith is going to need her person when the shit hits the fan next season.

Any who
Farewell Christina


D.  

No comments:

Post a Comment