Mar 28, 2014

Fab 5 Follow Through Friday...lol...

Alrighty!  I have something to share.  I don't want to call it a confession so, I will call it a realization slash admission.

Hi, I'm D and I did not meal prep this week.
I suck
I have spent bookoo money this week on bullish.  No I have been gorging on McDonald fries and whoppers or chicken wings (yack).

What I have spent my hard earn dollars on this week:
Breakfastses:
Monday or Tuesday I had a Spinach Egg Beater omelet that I made at home
Sunrise Subway Melts loaded (with spinach)
Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel from Dunkin Donuts
oh and those devil Blueberry Donuts (ugh)

Luncheses:
Spicy Chicken Sammich yup with fries and a Caesar side salad
Veggie Lo Mein
Grilled Caesar salad Zaxbys (I only use one pack of dressing) Zaxby's

Dinners:
Shrimp Tacos
Taco Salad
Turnip greens, okra tomatoes, red beans and rice and mashed potatoes (Monday & Tuesday)

Snacks
Dark Chocolate
Peanut Butter cookie
Devil Blueberry Donuts
Total $80 with a standard deviation of $5 (say huh say what!!!!!)
 I coulda mealprepped for 4 with that!

I'm sharing all this because I can get in denial.  A visual is REAL, DEEP accountability for me.  I can log in My Fitness Pal all day but if I can't find it, I won't log it. *shrug*

Meal Prep is my best friend.
What's really mucked up, I BOUGHT ALL THE STUFF TO MEAL PREP!!!
I had my menu TOGETHER!!!


Breakfast:
Egg muffins w/ spinach and low fat cheddar
Lunch:
garlic shrimp w/ Spinach, zucchini, squash and peppers
Dinner:
Baked Tilapia w/ Spinach, Zucchini, Squash and peppers
Snack: Almonds, Dark Chocolate or Peanut butter

THANK GOD I exercised!!! Praises!
I'm probably having a maintenance week that won't show up til next week...damn me.
I have definitely learned that "Failing to Prepare is Preparing to Fail and this week was a #FAIL
Meal Prep makes such a difference in my life. It kills the confusion and temptation.

I read the most beautiful, tearful inspirational post on Wednesday.  This woman had me in tears.  Find it here @ OperationSkinnyJeans . She just laid it all out on the table and I moved my heart.  I'm not a big emotional girl but she got me together. I'm entering my 2nd year of my lifestyle change and I hit a pothole, my tire busted and I in the process and fixing it so I can keep on going.  He post got me to get the tire out of the trunk. Thanks so much.

Today Starts the "Getting My Shit Together" Goal...lol

5 Things are going to happen, going forward.

1. Return to Meal Prep Mondays
I absolutely LOVE chopping up veggies and post them to Instagram on Mondays.  It was fun and gave me something to look forward to.  I also got lots of ideas from #MealPrepMonday post. So, BOOM back at it!

2. Strength Training (at home)
Last Friday or was it Friday before last... *shrug* I came up with a pretty good strength training routine that I have been putting off doing...don't know why.  I enjoy strength training...LOVE THE BURN and the way my body feels, not to mention the inches it dissolves.

3. Increase my mileage.
I'm doing a Miles Challenge and I have been doing the bare minimum.  ugh...just lazy.  Eve's Curse drains the life out of me.  It's done and now I have to get back to the 4-5miles a day. I'm love walking and I know combined with the strength training the calorie burn will be great!

4. Get my Mental Discipline in check
The mind is weak...well mine has been for a couple weeks.  I need to search my brain for the trigger that has set me back...It's more than Eve.  I have had Eve every month for the year I have been in the journey. There is something more going on in my head. (self sabotage)

5. SLEEP
I hate missing my TV shows and I'm usually in the bed 10:30 -11pm.  I'm going to have to get grandma and hit the sack at like 9:30!!!! I am sleepy! It's important and necessary.  I don't like to HAVE to drink coffee...lol

Simply put...I want it like the air I breathe. 
I'm not lost, just confused. Getting that together to match the goals I have set for ME!
Have a Wonderful weekend you guys.

Check out these Link-Ups, Fitness  Friday,  Follow Through Friday and Five on Friday, they have loads of bloggers.  Did I say I LOVE Link ups.lol...








D.   

No comments:

Post a Comment