Mar 5, 2014

Me, Zumba...

So...I have heard about Zumba. (I didn't really want to "define" it.  I'm just going to assume that the small cluster of folks that read this knows what it is. Boom!)
 Heard about it from a distance and never gave it a second thought.  It wasn't until last year when I changed my lifestyle, that hearing about Zumba, started getting closer and closer and I wanted to try it.  My closest friend takes Zumba and I have spent the better part of a year asking begging her to take me with her.  Still waiting on that. humph
Last month it was a goal of mine to take a Zumba class. I didn't. I was scared.  Why? I don't know. The thought of my body convulsing in front of other people  kinda freaked me out.  Then, I didn't want to try it alone. *shrug*
I found a couple places that had classes and I even wrote them on my calendar. Eh, but I never seemed to make it. 
There is a fitness studio that is 10 mins from my house.  I really had no excuse not to go.
So, I sucked up the fear and the dash of anxiety, dropped my son at basketball practice and headed to Results Studios.

Tanika



This is the darling, little instructor is a gigantic ball of energy, but I assume you would need to be full of energy to teach Zumba, daily. She was bouncing, jumping, shaking and twerking everywhere.  Lil thing is smaller than my daughter and her daughter is the same size as mine! O__O 
The class was fun.  I enjoyed it.  There were mature women and younger women, different shapes and sizes.

Womp, Womp





My rating: B
I had high expectations about the calorie burn.  I have heard that it is a great workout AND an awesome calorie burn.  I burned more calories doing 50 minutes of T25. Bummer.  There were a lot of stops and starts.  Those ladies had to have their water breaks and my heart rate kept dropping and by the time it got up the song was over. Poo! It was a burn nonetheless. HOWEVER, I would do it again.  I may do a tour of Zumba classes just to find the ONE.  Also to support local, small, women run, businesses I will at least visit Results Studios a couple more times.


Not a bad day yesterday for exercise and calories burned.  Luving how March is starting!!


  D.





No comments:

Post a Comment